Grocery Stores/General Stores
- Safeway (groceries only – good produce and lots of organic/allergy options)
- 3627 Airport Way (907) 479-4231
- 30 College Rd (907) 456-8501
- Fred Meyer’s (general shopping & full grocery – lots of organic/allergy options)
- 3755 Airport Way (907) 474-1400
- 930 Old Steese Hwy (907) 459-4200
- Wal-Mart Supercenter 537 Johansen Expy (907) 451-9900
Major Shopping Areas & Restaurants
- Bentley Mall Area (32 College Rd, next to Safeway)
- Bentley Mall is a small indoor shopping area with a number of clothing stores, a shoe store, and other rotating stores. The Plaza contains Safeway (groceries), Office Max, Michaels, Beauty Supply Store, and a number of restaurants.
- Driving South down University
- At the “top” of University Ave, across from UAF, there are a number of small shops and restaurants – a book store, yarn store, sports store, etc.
- Turning down Giest (right, when coming south), there are a few restaurants, coffee shops, and a McDonalds.
- At University and Airport, you’ll find Fred Meyers, Safeway, and a number of small shopping plazas.
- East down Airport
- Many fast food restaurants down Airport – Wendys, Taco Bell, McDonalds, KFC, Quiznos, etc.
- Regal Cinemas Movie Theater
- Pioneer Park (also called Alaskaland) is a “historic theme park” that hosts regular events and an art gallery.
- The Carlson Center is Fairbanks major events center.
- The Big Dipper (Lathrop Street) has indoor and outdoor ice rinks, and hosts hockey games, including the local Ice Dogs games.
- Noel Wein Library is Fairbanks’ only public library, with a lot of books and movies and is right off of Airport on Cowles.
- Arctic Bowl – Bowling Alley across from the library.